Thursday, May 29, 2008

Myopia

The situation of nearsightedness in Taiwan has become worse and worse. With the fast progress of technology in Taiwan, more and more people become nearsighted.
It is really inconvenient when becoming nearsighted.
Recently, computers and televisions have become the common things in everyone’s home. In this way, the time people spend in using computers and watching
TV has become longer and longer. And it was just a reason why I got nearsighted. In the environment, it is hard to let our eyes relax enough so that more and more people become nearsighted.
In addition, in Taiwan, many parents want their children to study hard to get high grades. Take myself for example, my parents used to ask me to study hard. Therefore, I spent a lot of time studying without relaxing finally I became nearsighted when I was in junior high.
There are a lot of defects in myopia. For example, after becoming nearsighted, many in convenient things happen just like, I can no longer see distant objectives clearly, and I feel so uncomfortable because my eyes become tired much easier than before, and it is really a big trouble while my glasses are broken or lost, and so on. Not until I became nearsighted did I truly realized how important keeping a pair oh healthy eyes is.
To improve the bad situation in Taiwan, we are bound to do hard work in helping other people. We have to make others know the importance of the window of our soul, “eyes.” To protect our eyes, we should not spend too much time in front of computers, televisions, books, etc. On the contrary, what we should do is have enough time letting our eyes relaxed.
Eyes do play an indispensable role in one’s life. The importance of eyes can never be overemphasized. Because of the poor situation of myopia in Taiwan, all of us have to improve this as possible as we can.

No comments: